A Little About Me
Hello! I’m Kristie. I’m just a girl who has a big place in her heart for Harry Potter and Taylor Swift. People would say I have an unhealthy obsession but I just tell them I’m dedicated. I’m just a crazy, self proclaimed Harry Potter nerd
and a die-hard Taylor Swift fan.
I’m a hopeless believer in true love, magic, and fairytales.
I’m a high school student. Though, there’s more to my life than AP classes. (Speaking of classes, my favorite class has been, and always will be history) I’m president of the Make-A-Wish club,
Editor-in-Chief of my school’s newspaper,
photo manager of our yearbook, a dedicated member of National Honor Society and Model United Nations, and an orchestra major at my district’s performing arts program. I also volunteer at my local hospital in my free time, and I used to tutor other students in Homework Club.
I love to take pictures, mainly of people and food.
I also tickle the veins in my fingertips by playing the piano. Although I’m not amazing at piano, I resonate with the music and the harmonies of notes. They relax me.
And of course, I love to cook and bake. One day, I’ll open up my own bakery or restaurant and name it Kristie’s. It’ll be the next Sprinkle’s Cupcakery. When I’m 18, I will audition for MasterChef.
Besides cooking, baking, taking pictures, I love to exercise. I love to run, and I also love doing pilates. Despite baking almost every week, I’m a really healthy eater. I’m vegan, unless I have a test the next day. (Bring out the chocolate)
And, here’s another thing about me… You see,
I’m absolutely terrified of failure. I’m so scared of failing myself, and more importantly, failing the people I look up to and care about. There’s nothing worse than looking into someone’s eyes and seeing the hollowness beneath the pupils and the monotony of
“Kristie I’m dissapointed in you”
I know people will tell you, “No one is perfect” and it’s true. But, I think we as humans try so hard everyday to live up to the expectations of society that we actually forget what living is.
”It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. In which case, you fail by default.” – Joanne Kathleen Rowling, AKA, the queen.
I’m still coping with the oblivion of failure.
Nonetheless, I’d say I’m a happy person, who’s loud, really outgoing, aggressive, really sassy, hyper, enthusiastic, and determined.
- Movies: All the Harry Potters, Up, The Little Mermaid, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, The Notebook, Finding Nemo, White Chicks, Frozen
- Number: 16 or 13 (Taylor Swift, yea?)
- Ice Cream: Vanilla (!!!) , Mint-Chocolate Chip, Pistachio, Green Tea, Dulce de Leche, Salted Caramel
- Color: Pink, Lavender, Teal
- Books: All the Harry Potters (who would’ve guessed?), The Perks of Being A Wallflower, the Pretty Little Liars series
- Dog: Chihuahua, Maltese
- Season: Spring or Early Summer
- Candy: Andes, Twix, Smarties, Sour Patch Kids Watermelon, Green Tea Kit Kats
- Soda: Root Beer
- Food/Dessert: There’s a never ending list on that one. But my favorite things to eat generally have garlic and onion and tons of cheese. Or if you’re anything that sweet I’ll devour you immediately.
- TV Shows: Gossip Girl, Masterchef, Cupcake Wars, Serious Eats, Once Upon a Time, and Pretty Little Liars
- Singer: Taylor Swift »»
I get overly excited when anyone mentions any of these things
The camera I’m using right now is my beloved Canon 5D, with a 24-105 mm lens. I take every picture on this blog unless noted so in the caption.
I’m currently a junior in high school, and school takes a toll on my mental and physical well-being, so i’m so sorry if my posts are sporadic and irrelevant to baking.
I really hope you liked reading a little about me. I’m sure you can see what I’m like throughout my various posts, but for a conclusive, ‘All about Kristie 101″ this page is it.
I hope that you, the person who is reading this has a marvelous, fantastic, and truly wonderful day.