A really sweet friend of mine, Anthony, nominated me for the Liebster award!
Thanks for nominating me Anthony; getting views and comments is one side of the spectrum, but when you get an award, that’s a whole different story!
At first, I really had no idea what the Liebster Award was.. I mean, I’ve never heard of the name “Liebster” before so I was quite curious as to what it was.
So first off, the nomenclature of “Liebster” is German, which basically means dearest, sweetest, etc. etc. (So I guess I’m a ‘sweet’ blog 🙂 )
The purpose of the Liebster award is to discover new bloggers and recognize some great blogs that are just starting out. The rules are simple, you can pass the award on to nominate some new blogs and answer some questions… Or you can just simply not do it. And end the awesome chain of blog lovin’
The rules to this award have changed over time, but after some deep searching, I found an “official” set of rules to get me started.
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
It really took me a long time to make this post (mainly because I was suffering from something called finals), but, never late than never right?
So to answer Anthony’s questions…
1. My zodiac sign is a Libra. Speaking of Zodiac signs, I am a firm believer in astrology. According to the stars, Libras and Leos are meant to be best friends, and coicidentally, my best friend is a Leo.
2. If I were a superhero, I would want to have a healing power, like the power to heal sickness, sadness, etc.
3. My favorite song is Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift, specifically, the acoustic version.
4. I’m more of a Presley guy, I could say I’m a bit old fashioned at time.
5. My favorite movie quote is “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things–friendship and bravery and–oh Harry–be careful!” – Hermione Granger
6. My eyes are a sort of dark chocolate brown.
7. I really dislike both those… although there are some songs that I can tolerate from the two artists. I would say I’m more of a 1D person though, just because they can at least keep their dignity and not get into trouble. (Sorry Biebs)
8. I’m a baker (no duh), I love playing the piano, I can cook, too…
9. I’ve watched Frozen 3 times. And I still cry every time.
10. Yes, I do want to build a snowman. I’ve never been in the snow before.
So now time for the 11 facts about myself…
1. I love love love food, I can eat tons.
2. I’m a vanilla over chocolate kind of person
3. I have an addiction to warm blankets straight from the dryer
4. Cheesy, garlic bread is my weakness
5. I’d rather spend time with my family and stay at home more than anything on the weekends.
6. I’m allergic to both cats and dogs, but it’s not like I care anyways.
7. I used to do swim and ballet when I was younger.
8. I love eating clean and the #1 thing that distracts me when I do homework is searching up clean eating recipes.
9. I am terrible at math, absolutely terrible.
10. I really like taking pictures of food, and I’m saving up for my own DSLR 🙂
For the Liebster award, I nominate:
- I love this blog because a) It’s beautiful, and b), their food adventures page has added more to my foodie bucket list. And they’ve also got a photography page of their favorite snaps that is perfect if I want to look at something pretty and waste some time.
- This is a great blog by Natalie that I read to keep up with my fitness and to keep me motivated
- I just started following this blog and I regret not doing it earlier, it’s great for the cook who doesn’t have a lot of time!
- This photographer is a friend of mine and he has great tips for budding photographers. Also, his random posts provide quirky insights through his lens.
- Tiffany posts delicious desserts as well, and her blog is so cute!
My nominees will have to answer:
1. Favorite cupcake flavor?
2. We Are Never Getting Back Together, or You Belong With Me?
3. What’s your type of sushi?
4. Potterhead or Twihard?
5. How many pairs of leggings do you own?
6. What is the color of your bedroom wall?
7. Who’s your favorite actor? (Or most good looking, to be exact 😉 )
8. Do you play an instrument?
9. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
10. Have you watched or read any of the Harry Potter books or movies?