This post isn’t really a recipe, but just an idea I wanted to share with you all.
Are you ever in the need of something to bring to a party, or potluck, but you don’t have time? Does that something need to be quick and delicious, and something everyone will love?
The cookie cake is your answer, my friend. It’s literally a giant cookie paired with some sweet frosting to satisfy those sugar addicts out there (you know who you are). And it’s even quicker and more impressive looking than a regular batch of cookies. All you need is a lined cake pan, some cookie dough, and some frosting and you’re ready to go!
You can make this even without all the fuss of having to scoop of cookie dough. It’s a pain, I know.
And even if you don’t need to bring anything to a party, just bake this for the fun of it!
Bakes 1 Cookie Cake
1. Line 1 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Prepare your cookie dough according to the directions of the recipe.
3. Press the cookie dough into a circle-like form on the cake pan.
You don’t have to press the cookie to the edges of the cake pan, leaving some space will allow the cookie to rise evenly. Also, you don’t want the cookie to rise too much, or else it will be difficult to cut with a knife. When the cookie is pressed to the edges of the pan, there is no room for the cookie to spread. Thus, it will have no choice but to rise up.
4. Bake the cookie for about 20 minutes, or until the tops begin to get golden brown.
5. Allow the cookie to cool COMPLETELY before frosting.
6. Using any type of frosting you’d like, decorate to your heart’s content.
I decorated my cookie cake for my friend Michelle, who’s birthday was the next day.
You can make this cookie recipe with some store bough dough and frosting too! (All though I don’t recommend it, because made-from-scratch trumps store bought every time) So easy and so, so, so, good. You’ll want to make the “Double-C” right now!