You guessed it: Nutella!
Or maybe you didn’t, it’s all based on preference really. One can prefer peanut butter, or almond butter. But I, being the sweet tooth I am, adore the taste and decadence of Nutella Hazelenut Chocolate Spread. I’m not sure if it’s the healthiest thing I can incorporate into my diet, but it’s worth it.
Nutella can be spread onto anything. It’s like peanut butter. Spread it on a piece of toast and topped with bananas, and you’re good to go for a sustainable breakfast.
Did I mention it’s so incredibly delicious as well?
1 word: Chocolate.
It’s literally like spreadable chocolate. The richness of it in your mouth, the sweetness that can just brighten up your day, it’s heaven basically.
Now I happened to whip up something so amazing and wonderful the other day: Nutella Cupcakes baby. Simply chocolate cupcakes with a light and airy Chocolate Nutella frosting on top. If that was the last thing I could ever eat, I wouldn’t be sad at all.
This frosting is so incredible because it’s so fluffy and cloud-like. It’s not the dense and gritty and overly sweet chocolate frosting you’d usually get out of a jar or from a bakery. (I’m going to say this again, ahem SPRINKLES. I love you Sprinkles, but your frosting is not up to par) I feel like I’m in a chocolate heaven.
- 1 Cup of room temperature Salted Butter (make sure it is still cool)
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (melted and cooled)
- 1/3 Cup of Nutella
- 1 Tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream
- Beat the butter on a mixer medium high speed until it is a pale white/yellow color and fluffy. (Refer to my Vanilla Buttercream tutorial on why you must do this)
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in Powdered Sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add Banilla and Melted Chocolate and whip on a medium speed until combined.
- Add Nutella and heavy whipping cream, and beat until light and fluffy!